Doctor of Ministry
The Doctor of Ministry is the highest professional degree for those engaged in local church ministries, world missions, and similar ministries.
The program leading to this degree is designed to equip those actively involved in a vocational ministry with a higher level of competence in the practice of a biblically, theologically and missiologically oriented ministry. This program concentrates on developing expertise in the theory and practice of ministry:
Successfully complete 36 semester units of the following coursework with a cumulative minimum Grade Point
Average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale:
- Complete 9 semester units of the core seminar in contemporary ministry and career assessments,
- Complete 9 semester units of an approved ministry-under supervision experience,
- Complete 12 semester units of advanced courses,
- Complete 6 semester units of the doctoral project.
- Each student will concentration in one of the following areas:
1) Pastoral Theology
2) Christian Education
- Complete all financial requirements.
- File an application for intent to be graduated and submit to the university office 8 weeks prior to commencement that all doctoral requirements have been met.
- Complete doctoral requirements within the time limit.
Doctor’s Research Project
Students are required to complete a Doctor’s research project for Doctor’s degree in the form of a thesis and present it to
the Doctor’s Research Evaluation Committee for approval during the student’s final semester. Candidates for the Doctor’s
Research Project (DRS 803) are required to enroll in the following preparation course work of doctor’s research method
seminar (DRS 801) and dissertation writing seminar (DRS 802) under the guidance.
DRS 801/ Doctor’s Research Method Seminar
OT 801/ Old Testament Theology
NT 801/ New Testament Theology
TH 801/ Contemporary Theology
TH 802/ Puritan Theology
HS 801/ American Church History Seminar
HS 802/ Korean-American Church Seminar
PT 801/ Church Leadership
PT 802/ Church Administration Seminar
PT 803/ Church Polity
PT 804/ Pastoral Counseling
DRS 802/ Dissertation Writing